Over 100 years of Service, Thanks to You!
The CS Bank story began on May 4, 1912, when Bank of Eureka Springs was chartered. The bank has survived several panics, the Great Depression, and two World Wars. In 1946, it was the only bank remaining in Eureka Springs out of a half dozen or more started since the town's founding in 1879.
The Historic Downtown Branch located at 70 South Main Street was constructed in 1966, reflecting the turn of the century atmosphere of the town. Having undergone two major expansions, the building still retains the Victorian theme and is now the home for the Bank of Eureka Springs Historical Museum that is open to the public free of charge during banking hours. The first branch in the county was opened at the New Town location on Highway 62 East in 1980 and the first financial institution branch at Holiday Island in 1985. These locations had the first community rooms and the first drive through services in the county.
In December of 2003, the Financial Center in Eureka Springs opened for business, providing a full-service banking facility, including an internet café, brokerage services and training facility that is utilized by local organizations. In February 2006, a new Holiday Island branch was opened, which is another state-of-the art full-service banking facility.
In the spring of 2008, the Bank of Eureka Springs announced its intention to change its name to Cornerstone Bank. The name Cornerstone Bank was chosen because it demonstrates the bank's long history and strong foundation, while representing the institution's desire to grow with innovative and progressive products and services. In the fall of 2008, Bank of Eureka Springs officially changed its name to Cornerstone Bank.
In the spring of 2009, the Bank opened a branch in Berryville and in the fall of 2015 an additional branch was opened in Huntsville. Both locations are state-of-the art full-service facilities. In the spring of 2017, the Bank opened a temporary branch in Harrison. The construction of our permanent facility was completed in April 2019 with the Cornerstone Plaza Development set to be completed later in 2019. Property was purchased in Cassville, MO for future expansion. A temporary location will be opened while the construction of a permanent facility takes place. With plans to enter Missouri, the bank decided to shorten their name to CS Bank. In the announcement of this decision, Charlie Cross, President and Chief Executive Officer, stated "We are proud of our long and rich history of being a locally owned and operated bank for 108 years. Our commitment to the financial success of our clients, our history of service, sound management and committed employees has been the backbone of our bank's growth and success." The shortened name allows for greater expansion capability, and greater cohesion for differing markets. The bank has plans to open additional facilities in other markets in the future.